- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on back of the box - replace the water with champagne
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons champagne
- 1 lb confectioners’ sugar
- Gold sprinkles, for decoration
- Candy pearls, for decoration
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the cake mix package.
- Line two mini muffin pans with 48 mini muffin liners.
- Prepare and bake the cake mix according to the directions on the package, however substitute champagne for the water. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake according to the suggested time on the package.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the cupcakes from the pan and let them cool completely.
- While the cupcakes finish cooling, prepare the frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the champagne.
- With the mixer on low, begin to add the confectioners’ sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Continue to add the the sugar until all is incorporated.
- Beat the icing on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Place the frosting in a large piping bag fit with a small piping tip. Push the icing down into the piping bag. Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes, starting in the center of the cupcake, swirling out, and then swirling back into the center, progressively stacking the icing as you get to the center.
- Top with gold sprinkles and candy pearls.