For Bread Pudding
- 6 Krispy Kreme doughnuts
- 4 Belgian waffles
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 10 egg yolks
For Creme Anglaise
- 1 pt Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ vanilla bean
- ½ tablespoon Richland “Almost Rum” cane syrup
- Whisk yolks, sugar and extract together.
- Heat cream to a simmer and temper into yolk mixture.
- Pour over donuts/waffles and soak for an hour.
- Spray a 9x9 pan and fill with bread pudding mix.
- Bake covered at 350 for 25 minutes and uncovered for 7 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the crème anglaise, bring the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla bean to a boil.
- Temper the hot cream and egg yolks.
- Place mixture into the pot and continue to cook on a low heat until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Remember to stir continually while sauce is thickening so it does not scorch.
- Strain over water bath then add Richland Rum.
- Drizzle over baked bread pudding.