- 1 9" refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 c buttermilk, divided (½ cup, ½ cup)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 c salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan and lay your pie crust inside. Prick the bottoms and sides of the crust so the crust does not slip down. Crimp the edges.
- In a bowl, whisk sugar, flour, and half of the buttermilk.
- Add eggs, molasses, and remaining buttermilk, and whisk again.
- Add vanilla, allspice, pepper, and melted butter, whisking a final time.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes and remove the pie from the oven.
- Cover the crust with foil to prevent burning, then reduce the heat to 350°F. Cook a further 35-45 minutes until pie is fully set.