- 10 Callie's Charleston Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 lb fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. White Lily self-rising flour
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 tbsp. raw sugar
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
- On low heat, melt butter in a cast iron skillet, then remove 1 tablespoon and reserve.
- Into remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, whisk in the flour until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the blueberries and the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, stirring to incorporate.
- Top with frozen biscuits and brush tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar then cover the top of the skillet with aluminum foil.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes, removing the foil for the final 5 minutes to brown the topping.
- Add whipped cream and serve!