This tiramisu is soft, creamy, and rich thanks to the bourbon and molasses.
- 1 lb whipped cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup, granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. Jack Daniels black label
- 1 tbsp. dark molasses
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 c heavy cream
Lady Fingers Layers
- 1 1/2 c cold coffee
- 2 tbsp. Jack Daniels
- 2 tbsp. dark molasses
- 24 lady fingers
- Cocoa powder
- 1 chili pepper flavored chocolate bar, grated
- Place all of the ingredients for filling in the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix until well incorporated, about 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together coffee, bourbon and molasses.
- Take 12 lady fingers, one at a time, dip and roll quickly being careful not to over soak.
- Lay soaked lady fingers in a 8” x8” dish in one even layer.
- Divide filling in half, place half on top of lady fingers and gently smooth into an even layer.
- Dust with a light coat of grated chocolate.
- Repeat for next layer by dipping and rolling remaining lady fingers and place on top of the first layer.
- Top with the remaining half of filling and gently smooth out flat.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- To serve, cut into 9 even pieces and remove by using a flat metal spatula.
- Place one piece of tiramisu in middle of plate, top with a chocolate, dust with cocoa powder and serve.