- 4 boneless center loin pork chops
- 1/3 c blueberry balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 c frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- To prepare marinade, combine balsamic vinegar, water, garlic, and next three ingredients in a bowl and whisk till smooth. Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag and add pork chops. Seal bag and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove marinated pork chops from bag and discard marinade. Sear pork chops in a cast iron skillet, about 3-4 minutes per side. Cook for another 4 minutes on each side with the lid on. Cut into the center of one pork chop to check doneness. If desired, cook longer for more well-done meat.
- While meat is cooking, add blueberry sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until ¾ of liquid is gone, be sure to stir periodically. Top cooked pork chops with blueberry sauce.