You will want this entire recipe of dumplings all to yourself.
A close cousin of blackberry cobbler, these dumplings and this blackberry sauce are a perfect dessert all year round. Don’t forget the ice cream!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Yield: Around 8 small dumplings
- Category: Dessert
- 1 lb fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- 1/2 c self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Whole milk
- Add blackberries to pot with vanilla, sugar and water.
- Simmer on medium heat until starting to boil for about 3-4 minutes while stirring.
- Lower heat to a steady simmer.
- To make the dough, combine flour, vanilla, sugar, and butter.
- Gradually add milk until a firm dough forms.
- Mixture texture should be thick and pasty.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop one dumpling at a time of the dough into blackberries, making sure the dumplings do not touch.
- As dough swells, gently turn dumplings.
- When dough has hardened, remove from sauce.
- Plate one dumpling with sauce and vanilla ice cream.