Recipes are a sweet and lasting gift to give to someone. A meal lasts a day but a recipe lasts a lifetime. Baked fruit is an easy and delicious recipe that was given to me as a wedding gift from a dear friend. You can make this recipe all year round, and it is especially good as a breakfast side on the table during the holidays.
- 2 cans of dried macaroons
- 4 cans canned fruit drained (peaches, pineapples, cherry, apricots, etc.)
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sherry wine
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 quarts pyrex dish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the 2 1/2 quart pyrex dish.
- Crumble the dried macaroons. Add a layer to the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer of the canned fruit.
- Add a layer of pecans.
- Drizzle a layer of butter and brown sugar between each layer.
- Repeat these and finish with a layer of macaroons.