- 12 Brussels sprouts
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c pine nuts
- 2 slices slab bacon, cut into lardons
- 1 block Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise, from top to bottom.
- Toss the sprouts with olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Toss in the oven until tender, about 18 minutes.
- Place the pine nuts on a sheet tray in the oven for the last 3 minutes of roasting the sprouts.
- While the sprouts are roasting, put the bacon in a small saut pan with a splash of olive oil and bring the pan to a medium heat.
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan.
- Toss the roasted Brussels with the crispy bacon and toasted pine nuts. Using a peeler, shave a few slices of Parmigiano on top.