A fluffy and delicious pound cake that is scrumptious and packed with flavor!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1h 10m
- Total Time: 1h 20m
- Serves: 8 people
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/2 c butter, softened
- 3 c sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c 7UP soda
- 1 1/2 c confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon or lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-75 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in zest. Drizzle over cake.