- T-bone steak, 1-inch thick
- Montreal steak seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season both sides of the steak with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium to medium-low on the cooktop until it starts to smoke.
- Place the steak in the cast iron skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the steak and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the butter on top of the steak.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven and and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for another 5 minutes before serving.